Training and Costs of some courses and classes;
1. INDUCTION; COST: 1,100 BAHT Advanced Booking only
To start Krav Maga training there is a five hour induction class, which covers the essential core basics and principles of Krav Maga.
The induction is also an excellent stand alone self defence course and you will not only learn a lot but have a greater understanding of self defence combined with the ability to deal with the most common type of attacks. You will also start to learn how to cope with pressure in a controlled environment. The course is intensive – but not so physically hard – and also fun!
You will defend against common attacks including circular type attacks such as
• roundhouse swinging punches
• straight punches
• chokes or strangle holds from the front – including avoidance, de-escalation and prevention
• Defence against front kick such as a kick to the groin
• You will have an introduction to knife defences
You will learn how to counter-attack effectively. This includes training with;
• Different angles of attacks
• Attacking through various distances (long, medium and close quarters)
• Attacks with hands (open hand and closed fist), elbows, feet and knees. (include hammer strikes)
• Combinations of attacks
• Identifying attacks
You will train the Krav Maga way and gain an understanding of why we work as we do. Why we use the fighting (outlet or ready) stance and how to make a proper fist for an example. Everything you will learn and practice is explained clearly so you understand why you are doing things in a certain way and maybe not in another way. If you’re not sure about something then ask! It might be you have learned to do certain things and a different way, please ask if you would like to know why we do things differently sometimes.
You will need:
1. Suitable footwear. Non-marking trainers are best.
2. Loos fitting clothing for training. You can wear shorts or tracksuit bottoms, whatever you’re comfortable with.
3. Bring a bottle of water and a snack – bananas are ideal.
4. Preferably a groin guard if you have one.
5. Bring a notepad and pen in case you want to take notes.
6. Any protection you wish – forearm protectors etc are all fine.
2. MODULES; 3 Hours a week for 10 weeks. Cost 7,50000 Baht. Advance Booking Only
The first module in the series of courses covers a lot of ground, there is of course repetitions from the material in the induction course, but during this module you will train for;
• Outside defences against circular attacks including knife attack
• Inside defences against straight punches 1
• Outside defences against punches 1
• Defence against groin kick 1
• Defence against groin kick 2
• Defence against roundhouse kick 1 (using legs)
• Defence against roundhouse kick 1 (using forearm)
• Defences against chokes from around the body (front, side, rear)
• Defence against side headlock 1
• Defence against knife threat 1 (medium distance)
• Defence against knife attack 1 (downward and upward attacks)
• Defending multiple attackers 1
More attacks and combinations including
• Straight punches to different heights and directions
• Hammer strikes to different direction and chopping strikes
• Elbow strikes to different directions (horizontal)
• Regular front kicks 1
• Roundhouse kicks 1
• Low Stomping/defensive kicks front, back and side
• Knee strikes
• Combining attacks with hands and feet etc
• Rhythm’s of attacks
You will also be introduced to slow fighting which enables you to practice defences/counterattacks in a way which helps you to identify the attacks correctly. Some light pressure training (such as reacting from a passive stance with closed eyes) and simulations such as ATM hold ups
3. CLASSES; Pay as you go classes every Wednesday 7pm till 8:30pm and Saturday mornings 10:00am til 11:30 am. Class cost 500 Baht.
The classes are for people who maybe can’t commit to the training modules or are looking for some extra training.
As with the Induction, training modules and courses/seminars safety is paramount. You will be exposed to a host of scenarios and the training is varied. Self defence is a serious business and nobody takes it more seriously than we do – but the classes are fun and enjoyable too. You’ll meet nice like minded people, which is always nice!